Digital Film Tools DFT – The Definitive Digital Tool Box
Los Angeles, CA – September 6, 2017 – Digital Film Tools, a leading manufacturer of award-winning software, announces the release of the highly anticipated successor to the multiple award-winning Composite Suite Pro, Tiffen® Dfx, and zMatte sets of plug-ins in the form of a new combined plug-in set appropriately named DFT for its namesake Digital Film Tools. Available as plug-ins for all popular photographic, video/film post-production programs as well as a standalone application, DFT provides the necessary tools to enhance images using a staggering amount of filter presets.
“DFT is the definitive digital toolbox meant to simulate optical camera filters, specialized lenses, film stocks and grain, lens flares, optical lab processes, color correction, keying, compositing as well as natural light and photographic effects,” comments Marco Paolini, founder and president, Digital Film Tools. “DFT is a complete cinematographer, photographer, and visual effects artist toolkit all in a single software suite and we are excited to see the innovative images our customers will create.”
- Film Stocks & Looks: 329 different color and black and white photographic film stocks, motion picture films stocks and historical photographic processes
- Lens Flares: 331 optical lens flare presets organized into Anamorphic, Circular, Polygons, Star, Starburst and Stylized categories
- Lighting Gobos: Gobo library for lighting effects includes 751 gobos categorized into Abstract, Doors, Elements, Foliage, Snowflakes, Textures and Windows groups
- Color Correction: 4 way master, shadow, midtone, highlight color correction and wheel interface which includes 89 color grading presets from Academy Award nominated movies
- Compositing: Combine multiple images by utilizing compositing tricks and techniques, color correction, blur, grain, matte manipulation, lens distortion, lighting effects and edge blending
- Keying/Masking: zMatte (video/film version) and EZ Mask (photo version) quickly and simply create mattes with minimal parameters even if you are dealing with fine hair detail, smoke, or reflections
- Layering/Batch Processing: For still photos, layer multiple filters and bath process a set of images automatically
- Process in 32-bit floating point precision: Utilize your image’s dynamic range without clipping values in a true non-destructive workflow
Availability and Pricing
The DFT Video/Film plug-in is licensed on a per host basis. You can choose from Adobe® After Effects®/Premiere® Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro® X/Motion, Avid® Editing Systems, OFX hosts, or a Multi-Host license which will run all Video/Film and OFX hosts on the same machine. Video/Film licenses are available today for $595 USD per host* with the Multi-Host license priced at $995 USD. – Learn More
* Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro share a license as do Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion. In addition, all supported OFX hosts share a license.
The DFT v1 Photo plug-in is available today for $145 USD. One DFT Photo plug-in license will run in Adobe® Photoshop®/Photoshop® Elements, and Adobe Lightroom® if installed and activated on same machine. – Learn More
The Standalone version of DFT v1 is available today for $95 USD. The Standalone works with Cineon, DPX, Jpeg, Tiff and camera RAW files. It works as an independent software and does not require a host application. – Learn More
Upgrades are available for existing customers of Composite Suite Pro, Tiffen Dfx and zMatte at a reduced price.
About Digital Film Tools
Digital Film Tools brings together the unbeatable combination of superior software designers, motion picture visual effects veterans, video editors and photographers. Add three Emmy Awards and experience in creating visual effects for hundreds of feature films, commercials and television shows and you have a recipe for success.
All trademarks and products mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.