Color Grading Central has released an update for Color Finale that fixes the compatibility issue with the latest version of FCPX.
When FCPX 10.4.4 was released, it created an openCL error within Color Finale. Release 1.9.1 fixed the issue. (The most current release is v1.9.2) Follow these steps to update your version of Color Finale:
- Quit FCPX
- Open Color Finale from your applications
- In the header, twirl down under Color Finale and click on “check for updates”.
The Most Powerful and Exciting Way to Color Grade in Final Cut Pro X
Experience grading in a whole new way – Industry standard grading tools in your FCP X timeline.
Layer Based Grading
The power and elegance of grading via layers. We incorporate the best features of image editing applications.
Industry standard 3 Way Color Corrector and RGB Curves. We incorporate the best that the telecine suite has to offer.
Apply industry standard Look Up Tables like OSIRIS and ImpulZ to accurately emulate the look of 35mm film.
Powerful vector based grading to apply quick and accurate secondaries.
What’s new in v1.9.2
- Fixed occasional crash with RGB curves.
- Fixed memory leak when using HSL curves.
- Added explicit mode to select Extended Range in Six Vectors
- Fixed ACES rendering.
- Fixed Issues with rendering in Apple Compressor.
This update requires Metal compatible GPU and macOS 10.13.x.