FxFactory 7.1 brings Mercury GPU acceleration and 32-bit float color support to our most popular plugins for After Effects. Now effects render more than twice as fast in After Effects CC 2019. This free update improves performance in Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro as well.
- FxFactory lets you browse and install products for video professionals.
- Try most products for free and unlock them as needed.
- No purchase required to use free products.
FxFactory includes an arsenal of fabulous filters, elegant effects and easy-to-use generators.
What’s new in v7.1?
- v7.1 is a free update for all users running macOS Sierra version 10.12.4 or later.
- Plugins render more than twice as fast in After Effects CC 2019 version 16.0 or later by supporting Mercury GPU acceleration via OpenCL or Metal.
- This is the first version of FxFactory that supports 32-bit float color in all recent versions of After Effects.
- The update also includes performance and UI improvements for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro and Motion users.
Mercury GPU acceleration in After Effects
The most recent version of After Effects has allowed third-parties to tap into the GPU accelerated pipeline provided by the Mercury Engine. All graphics cards shipped by Apple in recent years are supported. FxFactory enables additional GPU acceleration for our plugins via both OpenCL and Metal.
We recommend that you choose Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal) on all Macs running macOS 10.13 High Sierra or macOS 10.14 Mojave, as it provides the best performance. OpenCL currently provides the best balance between performance and compatibility for those still running macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Does my Mac support Metal?
Most of our products will take advantage of Mercury GPU acceleration in After Effects simply by upgrading to FxFactory 7.1, at no extra cost. After Effects CC 2019 version 16.0 or later is required.